Wednesday 24 July 2019

Configuring my Model 3

News from across the country was getting me excited. People were taking delivery, and absolutely loving the car. There are some odd things about its design that take getting used to, but people were saying that it didn't take long to get used to it. Having all the controls on the center screen instead of on a dashboard was the main change. Some don't like the lack of a grill, but if you don't need a radiator to help cool an engine, make it smooth and aerodynamic.

Sometime around April of 2018 I finally saw that they opened up orders for the "Dual Motor" or all-wheel drive version of the Model 3. The reality of this finally happening made me nervous. I had to put more money down on top of what I had already deposited, but I would not know when the car would actually be built and shipped. The price was higher than I was hoping. There was no indication of the standard range car even being available yet, and I had no idea if they would even offer the dual motor configuration on the standard configuration.

I bit the bullet and placed my order.

Now more waiting... and learning

No comments:

Post a Comment