Wednesday 24 July 2019

She is on her way...

I was notified via e-mail that my car would be arriving soon, and the Tesla contact gave me the choice of a couple days in September 2018 to take delivery. I replied, providing the first day he listed, and as early in the morning as I think I could make it to the Tesla service center.

But then I didn't hear anything back. I let this slide for a couple days, then sent a follow up email asking if they received my email about scheduling my delivery. Still nothing. About a week after my first reply I posted something on the Denver Tesla Club Facebook page about this poor communications. To my amazement this guy, Tracy, replied to my post. He works at the Denver Service Center and reached out to help.

Tracy found that this other guy totally screwed things up. It also sounds like there was a series of screw ups that ended up getting him fired. Tracy was not taking charge of my delivery, and I couldn't be happier. We exchanged cell phone numbers and he said he would keep me in the loop. I was hoping to take delivery by the end of the month so it would be counted in that quarter's sales report for Tesla. Tracy thought that it would probably make it on time.

Another person contacted me about getting all my paperwork moving, and we discussed doing the financing through Tesla. I was getting closer.

I got a text from Tracy that the car was on a truck in California, and should be here on time, barring any weather causing the driver to slow down. Tracy said he is specifically tracking my car's signal. I was like, "You can do that?", this was so cool.

The next day would be my delivery day, so I took the day off of work, and made plans for my brother to drive me to the Littleton Service Center to get my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment